According to Bazaar , Harry Joseph Brant has died aged 24 from an accidental drug overdose.
Brant overdosed on prescription drugs on Sunday, his family confirmed. He had struggled with addiction for several years.
“We will forever be saddened that his life was cut short by this devastating disease,” his family said in a statement, reported by the New York Times. “He achieved a lot in his 24 years, but will never get the chance to see how much more Harry could have done.”
“Harry was not just our son,” the statement continued. “He was also a wonderful brother, a loving grandson, favourite uncle and a caring friend. He was a creative, loving and powerful soul that brought light into so many people’s hearts. He was truly a beautiful person inside and out.”
Watch to learn moreVISIT SITE NOWhttps://a43f28c1f520b491bc5acaeb2c1276f3.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
As the youngest son of publisher and art collector Peter M. Brant and supermodel Stephanie Seymour, Harry grew up immersed in the worlds of fashion and art. He was regularly seen at fashion shows and industry parties as a teenager, attending the Met Gala at the age of 16, according to the New York Times.He modelled for Balmain and Italian Vogue and also contributed to his father’s Interview magazine as a teenage columnist.
Harry is survived by older brother Peter, younger sister Lily Margaret, an older half-brother from his mother’s previous marriage to guitarist Tommy Andrews and four half-siblings from his father’s previous marriage to Sandra Brant.
Our thoughts are with Harry’s family and friends during this difficult time.