Before the biggest names in music take the Grammys stage, see who rocked the red carpet with over-the-top fashion.
BY MAGGIE COUGHLAN, KIA D. GOOSBY, AND MILES POPE APRIL 3, 2022
We got this straight from our friends at Vanity Fair.
All eyes will be on a collection of newcomers to see what they bring to the red carpet, how they fare on the Grammys 2022 stage, what awards they take home, and who they thank in their acceptance speeches. It may be Olivia Rodrigo’s first time at the Grammys, but the 19-year-old singer-songwriter is nominated for an impressive seven awards for her debut, Sour. The self-proclaimed “spicy Pisces” will compete with fellow pop powerhouses for record of the year (“drivers license”), album of the year (Sour), song of the year (“drivers license”), best new artist, best pop solo performance (“drivers license”), best pop vocal album (Sour), and best music video (“good 4 u”).
Fresh off her Oscar win for “No Time to Die,” the theme song for the James Bond film of the same name, Billie Eilish also earned seven nods. It may just be her lucky number because the pop star previously won seven Grammys, including one for her debut studio album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? She’s up for record of the year (“Happier Than Ever”), album of the year (Happier Than Ever), song of the year (“Happier Than Ever”), best pop solo performance (“Happier Than Ever”), best pop vocal album (Happier Than Ever), best music video (“Happier Than Ever”), and best music film (Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles). The singer-songwriter, who performed the award-winning James Bond track at the 2022 Oscars, is slated to perform at the Grammys as well.
But before Sin City is filled with the sounds of musical acts including Rodrigo, Eilish, Cynthia Erivo, H.E.R., J Balvin, John Legend, Lil Nas X, Silk Sonic, and more, take a look at all the must see outfits from the Grammys 2022 red carpet. And see who made our Grammys best-dressed list here.
- BY AMY SUSSMAN/ GETTY IMAGES.Dua Lipa in Versace
- ANGELA WEISS/GETTY IMAGES. Olivia Rodrigo in Vivienne
- BY FRAZER HARRISON/ GETTY IMAGES.Lady Gaga in custom Giorgio Armani Privé
- BY AMY SUSSMAN/ GETTY IMAGES.Megan Thee Stallion in custom Roberto Cavalli
- BY JEFF KRAVITZ/ GETTY IMAGES.Billie Eilish in Rick Owens
- LESTER COHENLil Nas X in Balmain
- ANGELA WEISS/GETTY IMAGES. SZA in Jean Paul Gaultier
- BY AMY SUSSMAN/ GETTY IMAGES.Doja Cat in custom Versace
- BY JEFF KRAVITZ/ GETTY IMAGES.BTS in Louis Vuitton
- BY AMY SUSSMAN/GETTY IMAGES. Saweetie in custom Valentino