Here are 6 Scriptures to read when you feel sad about life. Even if you are not a religious person knowing and understanding that with growing knowledge and wisdom there will come times of sadness. We start to realize that everyone does not have our best interest at heart, some people want to hurt us and others. This realization can be troubling and will make some of us depressed and sad. Some of us even start to question the very existence of God or his character. This is normal, however the truth is God is always on our side not wishing anyone to parish not even our enemies. God has seen every tear you cry and their is peace and joy on the other side of our current struggles and hope through Christ.
1. Psalm 34:17-20 “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.”
2. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
3. Psalm 30:5 “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime;weeping may stay for the night,but rejoicing comes in the morning.”
4. Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
5.Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
6. John 14: 27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
God doesn’t want us to remain in a constant state of sadness but to have joy. The “joy of the Lord is” your “strength”. When we see things from God’s perspective, understanding that all of our troubles will pass, we’ll feel less like being sad. Another way get rid of your sadness is to make out a list of things you’ve been blessed with. Write out a list of every blessing you can think of and start praising and thanking God for all the many blessings already given you and those promised to you in the future.
Source : Jack Wallen